Fresh Apple Muffins (gluten-free)
| 1 1/2 cups crushed GF cerial flakes
||1 tsp apple pie spice
| 1 1/4 cup GF Flour mix*
||1 apple, peeled and grated
| 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
||2/3 cup skim milk
| 1/4 cup brown sugar
||4 TBSP margarine, melted
| 1 TBSP baking powder
||1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
| 1/2 tsp baking soda
||2 tsp Egg Replacer
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 12 large muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine the cereal, flour mix, zanthan gum, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, Egg Replacer, and apple pie spice.
- In another bowl, blend the apple, milk, margarine, and liquid egg. Fold into the flour mixture until just blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes.
* GF Flour Mix: 2 parts white rice flour; 2/3 part potato starch flour; 1/3 part tapioca flour.